Monday, 9 December 2013
Want my advice? Probably not, but I'll tell you anyway. Email your husband/boyfriend/partner/self the link to this post as an invitation. It's a really subtle hint in a really non-subtle way. And it means everyone wins.
1. Watermelon tee from Gorman $99 - You cannot go wrong with this t-shirt. Great with jeans, or some little shorty shorts, this is going to become a Summer staple. Well that's if Santa delivers.
2. Dan 300 Large Leather tote in Citron from The Third Row $250 - How great is this pop of yellow? You could never tire of it. And I am sure I could pack half my world in there, as I am prone to doing with my bags. This one will be around for years.
3. Blue Moon, Mint Oval & Golden Enamel Earrings by Victoria Mason $160 - Does everyone know how obsessed I am with Victoria Mason's jewellery? These are pretty much perfection.
4. Jigsaw Ribbon necklace from Elk $45 - Best. Necklaces. Ever. Santa. I really want this. Badly.
5. The New Flower Drum Club Baseball tee from The Flower Drum $49 - Fun. Super cool. Get me one. Pronto!
6. Simpatico Petal Bubble Bath from Saison $ - There's nothing better than soaking away the battles of a long day in a bubbly bath.
7. Meredith Red metallic sandal from Habbot $290 - Modern-day Dorothy. I don't really need to say anything more, do I? Well except, hot damn! I LOVE THESE!
8. Ikat short from Tilly by Lee Mathews $149 - These shorts are so cute they're probably illegal. I want them. I need a fake tan. But I still want them.
9. Matyroshka 5 piece doll set from BLANK $25 - I'd love to decorate these with my smalls. We could get messy together and create our own little mini family.
10. Paillette - Mod Squad from Hello Darling $16.95 - Just the perfect amount of sparkle for the festive season.
Saturday, 7 December 2013
Friday, 6 December 2013
3 Queens from Matt Bieler on Vimeo.
Without doubt the best thing I've seen all week. Which isn't hard because I've had a crappy week, but regardless of my week - this is so freaking awesome.
Big thanks to my friend Em for showing me. x
PS - I think I've cried every time I've watched it. All 78 times.
Wednesday, 4 December 2013
It's that time of the year when I pull together my Christmas gift guides. I give you ideas for you to give to other people. It's all about giving my friends.
So today I'm talking little girls. Enchanting, smart, sassy little girls who are going to rule the world. I've tried to keep it varied, with a range of prices so there's something for everyone.
Shall we take a peek?
1. Kiss Naturals DIY Bath Fizzie Kit from My Messy Room $19.95 - I love these kits. Give a girl a kit to make bath fizzies - and she's her own scientist. And at the end of a hard day in the lab she can relax in a bath - with the fruit of her labours.
2. Coral and Tusk Cat Pouch Necklace from Kido Store $35 - I don't know about you, but I would be so happy if someone gave this to me. I'd wear it every day. I can imagine my Tiny loving this and hiding her special little things in the pouch. Style and function. BOOM!
3. Fine Little Day Pirum Parum poster from Talo Interiors $56 - I love Fine Little Day, and I've always had a soft spot for her posters. Whimsical, a little humorous, and a kick-ass graphic that would look as good today as it will in many years - I can see this in any room of the house, but imagine it framed up in a bedroom. MWAH!
4. One of a kind hand-painted wooden brooch from Evie Barrow $20 - Evie Barrow is so ridiculous. She's probably one of the most ridiculous people I cyber-know. She's so talented and humble, and this hand-painted brooch is so cool and collectable. Does anyone get the idea half this list is stuff I want? Hmm.
5. Boo the world's cutest dog plush toy from KidStuff $35 - Tiny is obsessed with Boo. Obsessed. Last week when she had her nasty tumble and then got gastro, I had to cheer girlfriend up. So I bought her this big Boo plushie. She adores him and takes him everywhere. He's super cuddly.
6. Las Flores dress from Little Tienda $65 - Perfect for Summer when you're hotspotting all your favourite parks and beaches, throw it on and this is the best cool dress this Summer.
7. Eleanor's Eyebrows book from Booktopia $16.95 - In our house, we're a bunch of book nerds. I love books. Matt loves books. Both the smalls love books. This book is so, so funny and the illustrations are so ace - I gave it to my niece for Christmas and we had such fun reading it together.
8. Natural Shimmer Stack from Pure Poppet $15.95 - Ever had one of those moments when you walk in to discover your child getting rather involved with your make-up? One moment springs to mind when Tiny ground my brand new lipstick into her table. It was a pretty artwork, but there wasn't much left of my lippie. Give them their own make up for Christmas.
9. Yellow Owl Workshop Rubber Stamp set of 3 from Notemaker $19.95 - It's Summer! It's almost the holidays! I adore this rubber stamp set from Yellow Owl. Let the girl go wild stamping!
10. LEGO Friends Stephanie Kids' Watch from LEGO $49.95 - Tiny loves LEGO Friends, and this watch is a pretty cool and fun way of keeping track of time.
Next up - what would mama want?
Tuesday, 3 December 2013
Last week, after having a very nasty tumble, Tiny got gastro. It was not particularly good timing because she was just recovering from the fall - which left her with a grazed, bruised and swollen nose, bruised lip, wobbly teeth, grazed knees and just a general feeling of shakiness.
But heck. When is a good time for gastro?
Apparently anytime is a good time for gastro. Last night was a good time for it to come over, because straight after basketball the Doctor told me he felt like he was going to vomit.
You can only imagine how overjoyed I was at this point. And then the vomiting commenced, and then it went from there. All night. YAY GASTRO!
It's now 2:15pm and I've only just caught up with the washing. I started at 5am.
I am so tired party people. So tired. Someone prop my eyes open with some matchsticks.
Sad cat image via Pinterest
Friday, 29 November 2013
A couple of weeks ago I ran out of foundation. Uh ohs.
Buying foundation is not top of my hit list, and I don't find it terribly exciting. To me, it's like buying milk and bread. Meh.
I've been using the same Stila foundation for probably seven or eight years. I went to the store to - what I thought - buy the same again. No thinking required, just refill.
Instead the girl that served me encouraged me to try something new - and having a spare 20 minutes, I obliged her request to try it on my skin.
Hellooooooo new foundation!!
Fast forward 20 minutes later, when she had sold me on this amazing foundation by Ellis Faas.
Honestly - it's the best foundation ever. Ever. That's a big call I know. So why do I like it? Well despite it being more exy than my normal foundation ($110 VS $58), the formulation is so velvety and beautiful to apply, the finish is honestly a veil. My skin has never looked so flawless.
After contemplating the price difference, I thought about it - if I've been using the same foundation for almost eight years, well it's high time I changed because my skin has aged in this time. Makes sense right? I am SO glad I did buy it.
Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation from Mecca Cosmetica $110
* I bought this product out of my own hard-earned cash.
Thursday, 28 November 2013
I am like a crazy zombie.
So sleep is top of mind this week. When isn't it? Last week I told you how much I love sleep, this week I'm telling you how much I am missing sleep.
Sleep. Where for art thou?
Annelise for Sussan.
Designed using antique laces and prints foraged from around the world, the collection is as perfectly vintage as it is timeless.
How could I resist sharing these playful images with you? It's like they've been ripped straight from a vintage magazine, and they made my heart go bompity bomp!
These cotton voile pyjamas are high on my Christmas wish list. Santa, yes please!
this chemise fits so beautifully. It feels so luxe on, I've been swanning around the house in it.
In store and online now
Prices from $9.95