Monday 11 August 2014

Coveting:: Veronika Maine Dresses - SS14



Holy guacamole. Just this weekend I went through my wardrobe and quietly thought to myself - I have got a lot of clothes. I need to slow down and start wearing some of these clothes because my husband is going to get mad. And I have forgotten a lot of these clothes existed. Gulp.

Clearly I had this quiet conversation with myself because I wasn't about to broadcast it. No way Jose. 

Thank goodness I didn't share it because I found these two AWESOME VERONIKA MAINE FROCKS today, and went slightly batty about them. 

They are *the* perfect dresses. 

The Tech Stretch Trapeze is a beautiful sculptural shape - and in navy, it's hard to beat. This is the perfect work dress that can take you beyond work hours easily, in comfort and looking effortlessly stylish. That length is really flattering too. Gosh. It's hard to not want it ASAP!


Universally flattering, both frocks feature an a-line (or trapeze). I am really nuts for this shape because I have hips, and this shape looks and feels great on. On everyone.

The Stretch Crepe Trapeze has that beautiful draped thing happening. And I can imagine dressing this up with a big chunky statement necklace, or just enjoying wear it as is, relishing in the simple lines. Oh how I love a good frock! 

Another beautiful feature of this one is the gold hard wear on the zip at the back - it's a pretty feature, and adds a bit of visual interest.  

Why am I such an expert on frocks? 

Well I'm not really. But given Frocktober is fast approaching (and I've got big goals this year my friends!), I've got my eyes out for new frocks to add to my repertoire, and these two are ticking my boxes in a serious way. 

Plus I'm an avid frock aficionado. They offer to me what so much of my wardrobe lacks. The ability to get dressed simply, easily and look stylish without faffing around coordinating separates. Plus I just don't think you can beat the elegance of a frock. 

See more of the new SS14 Veronika Maine collection here

No comments: