Tuesday 2 September 2014

Father's Day Gift Ideas

You know, I know, we all know - men are hard to buy for (go on dudes, try and tell us otherwise).

Which is why I've tried to remember whenever I've hit a gold mine of an idea to share with my peeps. You. 

Here's my list of 10 last minute gift ideas I think your man might like. Socks and jocks need not apply. I've already bought Matt's presents because I am organised. For once. I can't even remember what I bought because it is hidden in the cupboard. Oops. Anyway, so you don't forget - here's 10 from the top (of my head)!


1. Men's Original Hobe in Blue Suede $159
Matt swears by his Hobes. In fact, I would go so far to say - he is addicted. 

2. Handsome Wash Bag from Lark Store $35
Give him a compliment AND help him pack his bag. Going somewhere? Not without this bag. 

3. Dermalogica Daily Defense SPF15 $51
Lightweight, non-greasy and it doesn't leave that chalky white residue (winning!!), plus it contains antioxidants to fight against free radicals (and I'm not talking about those crazy kids you went to uni with). 

4. Country Road Vintage Wash T-Shirt $34.95
I am a big fan of rotating t-shirts, and keeping them fresh. Nothing beats a new favourite tee, and this one has that certain je ne sais quois.

5. The Goodnight Society Great Night Shark Goodie Bag $64.95
For the adventure loving papa, this goodie bag contains organic fair-trade cotton Great Night shark pj shorts, a Jaws DVD and a gift card. He'll snap it up. Pun absolutely intended. 

6. Haigh's Chocolate Caramel Fudge $8.25/200g
Really, I don't think I even need to have to rationalise this. Just look at it DAMN IT! 

7. Ginger Ale Brew Kit from Third Drawer Down $22
Get your man back to basics, and get him a ginger ale brewing kit. Ah, I can taste it already.

8. Soul Jet Noise Cancelling Headphones $249
These are THE best headphones. If your man-friend/father etc travel, work in an office, or just enjoy listening to music without listening to someone banging on in the background about their best friend's manicurist's bus driver's cousin's mate - then these are the creme de la creme. 

9. Voluspa Suede Blanc 100hr candle from Saison $49.95
You might be thinking - WTF (what the flame) Lexi. But no. You're wrong. I'm right. My sister gave Matt this candle for Christmas and he thinks it's one of his best ever gifts. And it smells amazing.

10. lululemon Hardcore Short $69
I have given these to Matt before - because my psychology for me is if I have new exercise gear I will exercise (it really works. It also sends you broke. Don't subscribe to this philosophy). Regardless of the games I play with my head, Matt just goes and exercises. And he loves these shorts. 

If all else fails, breakfast in bed has always, always rated well. 


Got any hot Father's Day ideas to share? 

2 comments:

weebirdy said...

This is such a great round-up of presents for Dads. I love it! Those noise-cancelling headphones sound awesome, and I love those affordable blue suede shoes! I think I love The Goodnight Society Goodie Bag the most - what a great find! (I'm running late on my round-up, and have to delete half of them now because you have to order them from overseas and they won't make it in time. Bugger.) X

Lexi Kentmann said...

Thanks lady!! Hope you had a special day today. xxx