Saturday 25 October 2014

Frocktober 2014:: Day 24 - Calling Iris Apfel


It was the day that had to come. It was the day I wore half my body weight in jewellery. It was the day I had to muster my inner stylista and become the one and only -- Iris Apfel.

Can you see the uncanny resemblance?

And yes, for most of the day - I was Iris. And then a board member saw me and I conveniently disappeared into the lift. Still in full Iris mode.

The likes, the comments, the shares - they're all great and important, because it is about awareness, but if you threw me $2 (which is tax deductible) you'd also be helping find an early detection test for ovarian cancer. 

I am grateful for each and every donation. Please, if you can, throw some coin to my fundraising and help us get closer 


Here's why your fundraising dollars are crucial to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation:

  • Did you know ovarian cancer is the seventh most common cause of cancer death in Australian women?
  • On average three Australian women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer every day.
  • The five year survival rate for Australian women with ovarian cancer is only about 40%.
  • In comparison, the five year survival rate for breast cancer is about 88%
If you'd like to donate - please go here


No comments: