Sunday 26 October 2014

Frocktober 2014:: Day 25 + 26 - Camping, Frocking, Cockatooing, Fundraising


Quick. Gather around. I've got something to tell you. 

There's only five more frocks to go. That means there's only five more days to donate to Frocktober. To work with me to hit ovarian cancer where it hurts. To help fund an early detection test. To find out what makes ovarian cancer tick. 

We need this test. 

I know I've told you this a million times before. But let's think about it in terms of real life people. 

One Australian woman dies every 10 hours from ovarian cancer. 

That's HUGE. 

If we can find an early detection test, we can improve the survival of women with ovarian cancer. 

Over 50% of the community incorrectly think that a pap smear will diagnose ovarian cancer. Wrong. But don't stop having pap smears. 

The average age of women at diagnosis is 63 years. Think of all those beautiful, strong women we could help by donating a small amount.

******

Above is day 26 - a frock made from beautiful painterly Nani Iro fabric. 

Below is day 25 - since we were going camping/gramping (on Cockatoo Island), I decided not to pack the picnic rug but to wear it instead. 

Please sponsor me today. I've frocked my guts out this year (my third participating in Frocktober) and would dearly love to help the OCRF with much needed funding. 

Click here to sponsor me. All donations are tax deductible. Every little bit helps. 



No comments: