Tuesday 6 October 2015

Frocktober 2015: Day 6 - Flowers in her hair





There's a really great Mahatma Gandhi quote that resonates with me, and I think of it often: 
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."

Which is why I do Frocktober. It's my fourth year of frocking on - and when I think about why I do it, there are a few reasons:

#1: when I was really at a low point in my life, I thought deeply about what could help me feel better. I came to the conclusion that helping other people would make me feel happier. By focusing on someone else's needs instead of zeroing in on my own - that would help me live lighter, and most importantly give someone else a helping hand. So I started donating blood and I started participating in Frocktober. 

#2: Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation receives no government funding, so basically they are relying on all the mother frockers to frock up and raise funds so that they can get their researchers to research, and find a doggone early detection test for this insidious disease

#3: I really love frocks. And I have a lot. This is pretty well a charity-match made in heaven

There are more reasons - but I won't go into them today. But just know I am really passionate about women's health, and need your help to raise awareness and raise much needed funds to kick the roof off, blow your skirt up and make some noise (and money) for OCRF. 

You can sponsor me today. It's tax deductible. Which means more frocks for you. 

No comments: